Background

Friday, March 8, 2013

Favorite Granola

A little history on this recipe; my Mom made this all the time growing up. We ate it sprinkled on yogurt or ice cream, with milk, or just by itself for a snack. You can add dried fruit to it or just have it plain. Now that I have my own kids their favorite way to eat it is as a granola bar. I searched hi and low till I found this granola bar recipe (  http://www.cooking2gether.blogspot.com/2012/10/oatmeal-raisin-granola-bars.html   ). It is the best and come out perfect every time. I will warn you, I generally make a double batch of the granola because we go through it SO fast. If you buy the ingredients in the bulk section of your grocery store it will save you $. Thanks Mom for this amazing recipe!

4 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup wheat germ or ground flax seed
3/4 cup whole sunflower seeds
1/2 cup cashew pieces
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
2/3 cup real maple syrup
1/2 cup grape seed or canola oil
1 tsp. cinnamon

Mix all the dry ingredients together. Mix wet ingredients together. Pour wet into dry and mix well. Pour into a Demarle at Home Deep Flexipat or similar mold, or on a baking sheet. Bake at 200 degrees F until crispy (1-2 hours approx.) You can add 1 cup raisins after removing from the oven.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment